Connect with Awards
Join the awards mailing list to receive updates including news, nomination details, and deadlines.
How to Nominate
Call for Nominations: 2015 NAS Awards
Nominations are now being accepted for the awards listed below. Nominations must be submitted via our online nomination form at https://awards.nasonline.org/.
Required materials vary by award, but typically include the following:
- A letter from the nominator describing the candidate's work and why he or she should be selected for the award. No more than three (3) pages.
- Curriculum vitae. No more than two (2) pages.
- Bibliography listing no more than 12 of the nominee's most significant publications.
- Letters of support. No more than three (3).
NAS membership is NOT required to nominate or to be nominated. Self nominations are not accepted. Joint nominations are discouraged and will only be considered when nominees have collaborated closely – usually in the same laboratory – on the work to be recognized by the award.
Nominations will be accepted until 11:59 pm EDT, Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
Awards to be presented in 2015:
- Arctowski Medal (solar physics/solar terrestrial relationships)
- Gilbert Morgan Smith Medal (marine or freshwater algae)
- J. C. Hunsaker Award in Aeronautical Engineering
- J. Lawrence Smith Medal (meteoritic bodies)
- Mary Clark Thompson Medal (geology/paleontology)
- NAS Award for Chemistry in Service to Society
- NAS Award for Scientific Discovery (chemistry, biochemistry, or biophysics)
- NAS Award for Scientific Reviewing (biochemistry)
- NAS Award in Chemical Sciences
- NAS Award in Molecular Biology (young investigator)
- NAS Public Welfare Medal
- Pradel Research Award (neuroscience)
- Richard Lounsbery Award (biology/medicine)
- Selman A. Waksman Award in Microbiology
- Troland Research Awards (psychology, young investigator)
- William O. Baker Award for Initiatives in Science (statistics and machine learning)
- William and Katherine Estes Award (formerly the NAS Award for Behavioral Research Relevant to the Prevention of Nuclear War)
Contact us at email@example.com.