Nomination requirements may vary by award, but the NAS Council requires the following items to be submitted online
- A letter from the nominator describing the candidate's work and why he or she should be selected for the award. No more than three (3) pages.
- Curriculum vitae. No more than two (2) pages.
- Bibliography listing no more than twelve (12) of the nominee's most significant publications.
- Suggested citation. No more than 50 words.
- Letters of support. Two (2) letters are required. Support letters must be written by individuals from institutions outside both the nominator and the nominee’s institution.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Joint nominations are discouraged and will only be considered when nominees have collaborated closely - usually in the same laboratory - on the work to be recognized by the award.
- NAS membership is not required to nominate or to be nominated.
- International nominees are eligible for nomination unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- If the award has an age restriction, nominees are considered eligible if they are no older than the restricted age on the nomination deadline.
2018 NAS Awards
The awards listed below will be presented in 2018. Nominations are now accepted online. The nomination deadline is Monday, October 2, 2017.
2017 NAS Awards
The 2017 NAS Awards will be presented during the 154th NAS Annual Meeting on Sunday, April 30, 2017. The ceremony will be streamed live. Read more about the 2017 NAS Award Recipients